In 1998 graduated Academy of Fine Arts in Cracow, speciality: painting; laboratories : prof. L. Misiak, prof. L. Ząbkowski, prof. W. Kunz . Presently he’s working on series of abstract paintings based on impressions from travels and searches for attractive, thick forms of expression. These series are : Iran, Australia and La Gomera.
Above that, he’s directing preparation works to a feature-length animated film : „The Planet”.
Author and creator of TeD and several other cartoon characters. He debuted in „Przekrój”, famous weekly social and cultural magazine in 1998.
Since then, he has published over 5,500 drawings in national and foreign daily papers and weekly magazines. He is an author of five books and albums. He has made 62 shorts animated films. Laureate of awards for films and drawings in national and international contests. Scholar of Polish Minister of Culture and Erich Pommer Institut – Berlin.
In 2012-2014 he created a game, which in April this year had its worldpremiere on AppStore. He takes an active part in works of Jury of international film festivals in Łódź /ReAnimacja/, Teheran / ROSHD international – twice /, Krakow and Sydney /CINEWEST/.
He has made several dozens of exhibitions and individual shows in Poland and abroad.
2016 – International exhibition in project “Ancient Palaces” Villa Monastero, Varenna, Italy, Palazzo Galio, Italy; 2016 – Browary Lubicz – Pański Gallery, Cracow; Museum of Caricature, Warsaw – 2008, St. Polten, St. Leonhard – Austria – exhibition accompanying International Symposium for European Union, Polish Institute – Budapest, exhibition Gallery Piranha Rzeszow; exhibition of painting Camera Cafe, Krakow; exhibition of painting Alchemia Krakow;
Awards and distinctions:
- I Award for paintong in National Competition, Bielsko Biała
- Official selection to BAFTA, Londyn
- Erich Pommer Institut scholarship – Berlin;
- III Award in Animation category – European Satire Festival – Poznań;
- II place in drawing competition, Humour Festival, Gdańsk;
- Distinction of Creative Intelligence Society, Kołobrzeg;
- Scholarship of the Minister of Culture
- I Award of TVN in a competition for interactive program script;
- participant of International Audiovisual forum organised by European Union and United International Pictures, Warsaw;
- distinction funded by the Polish Minister of Culture and director of Museum of Caricature in Warsaw
- participant of polish deputation during International Symposium for European Union in St. Polten and St. Leonhardt, Austria;
- II Award in National Drawing Contest „Woman and Man”.
- distinction of Krakow’s Academy of Arts professor for painting work
His works may be found in collections of :
Scott Cullather New York, Raiffeisen Bank, Museum of Caricature in Warsaw; Museum of Copper in Legnica, Grzegorz Hajdarowicz; Camila Carril London, Edward Miszczak, Ryszard Czapla, Ptiotr Fronczewski, Fawley Court – London, Vahid Vahed – Sydney; Iztapalapa Mexico; Teresa Bazarnik and Grzegorz Małkiewicz – London; PKN Orlen; WBK; Sandofi – Aventis; NETI SA; Malopolska’s Region Marshall’s Office and others.
Member of Polish Filmmakers Society and SPAK and ZAPA.
He was lecturing classes in animated film diretion among others, for:
- Krakows Film School them. Wojciech Jerzy Has under „Training with Mastrers”
- ROSHD Interna Film Festival in Teheran „Animation – Development directions with youths education”